- High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
- Culinary Arts Degree required and a minimum 7 years experience as an Executive Chef of a four-diamond or greater hotel, resort or casino.
- Must understand and demonstrate the fundamentals of cooking.
- Proficient with the use of kitchen tools and equipment, knife skills and measurements.
- Knowledge of the latest culinary trends and equipment
- Ability to develop and convert recipes
- Ability to create recipe costing sheets
- Exhibit a comfort level in the Front of House by interacting and communicating with guests of diverse socio-economic backgrounds
- Knowledge of kitchen lingo, etiquette, culture and culinary terms.
- Must be able to plan and supervise the daily operations of the kitchen.
- Able to follow instructions, written and verbal, and perform the job with professionalism.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deploy available resources effectively.
- Ability to produce a quality product on a consistent basis.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse team.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Must be flexible and be able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a CA Food Handler Card within 30 days of employment.
- Must apply for, receive, and maintain a Gaming License from the Tribal Gaming Agency.
- Native American hiring preference applies.