In a competitive market where great entertainment and guest satisfaction can mean everything, the need for exceptional people is where it begins.
We are looking for a dynamic Tasting Room Hospitality Associate to carry on our 4 Diamond Guest Service Standards. If you are looking for a new opportunity, come join our Team! The Chumash Casino Resort is a premier employer in Santa Barbara County located in the beautiful wine country of Santa Ynez, California.
The Tasting Room Hospitality Associate assists tasting room guests in all aspects of hospitality, retail sales, and the overall visitor experience, including providing the latest information on Kita Wines, winemaking techniques, and history. Assists with related events, tours, activities, merchandising, and inventory, as needed.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities, and Tasks:
- Provides tasting room guests with exceptional service, while providing the latest information on Kita Wines, winemaking techniques, and history.
- Is familiar with all Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC) laws as they pertain to the wine tasting room and winery premise for consumer (public and private) usage, including Responsible Beverage Training (RBS)/TIPS alcohol training; upholds all ABC laws.
- Is familiar with all Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) compliance in coordination with intrastate and interstate shipping laws and regulations; upholds all DTC laws.
- Is familiar with the winery’s wine club software and its application in relation to the tasting room’s retail activity, including updates to wine club members’ profiles.
- Attends Kita Wines staff meetings, as required.
- Performs sales activities, as required, for effective achievement of retail sales team goal.
- Assists with the effective, valid conversion of guests to wine club members with the best business practices in communicating wine club benefits, club tiers, value and commitment required of club members to enroll.
- Assists with tasting room activities and events for both the wine club members and public.
- Participates in daily and monthly inventory management, including month-end physical inventory count of entire retail room.
- Assists with merchandising the tasting room displays to effectively sell wine and merchandise.
- Assists with merchandising the tasting room with logo apparel, merchandise, and wine accessories to effectively sell and promote the Kita Wines brand to wine club members and the public.
- Assists with the tasting room shipping and receiving duties as required for retail sales.
- Assists with hospitality duties, such as VIP tours and tastings, wine club events, and in-house tasting programs, as requested.
- Performs tasting room floor operations, which include, but are not limited to, maintaining housekeeping standards and opening and closing procedures including cash handling.
- In conjunction with the Sales & Marketing Team, carries out compelling visitor programs which are consistent with the Kita Wines brand messaging; organizes the tasting room tourism marketing collateral with pertinent event info.
- Occasionally represents the brand in the market at local or tribal wine events, as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned (e.g., labeling wines, assisting with wine club pack-outs, etc.)