Villa de Matel
Villa de Matel /Library
Average Hours per Week:
Relocation package offered:
This position is responsible for all operations of a one-person special library. This includes library planning and policymaking, budget management, reference, technical processing, serials management, collection development, stack management and circulation management.
Related to daily duties:
1. The librarian is responsible for library planning and policy making.
2. The librarian is responsible for the yearly budget planning, allocation and control.
3. The librarian is responsible for performing all day-to-day operations of the library: reference, cataloging, and management of the automated system, circulation, collection development and serials management.
4. Oversees the ordering and distribution of office supplies using volunteers for clerical assistance when needed.
Related to the Work Environment:
5. Collaborate with other Associates to ensure that the customer expectations are met.
6. Communicate in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of each Associate.
7. Support other Associates by participating as a team player
8. Treat Associates with respect in the fulfillment of duties.
Related to Associate Development:
9. Attend and participate in departmental meetings.
10. Attend and participate in assigned education events.
11. Provide feedback through Associate Satisfaction surveys and other focus groups/surveys to improve and maintain a great place to work.
• Master of Library Science degree from ALA accredited program.
• Familiarity with laws that impact libraries, such as copyright laws, etc.
• Experience with budget planning, allocation and control and general library planning and policy development.
• Experience dealing with difficult or delicate patrons.
• Experience with Concourse by Book System
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resources Department.
©2015 Findly, All Rights Reserved |
Powered by Findly