Corporate Accounting Manager/SOX
Type of Position: Full-Time
Category: Business and Financial Operations
Statement of Purpose:
Under direction of the Vice President, Assistant Corporate Controller, provides tactical and strategic leadership to implement and monitor state of the art internal controls and general corporate accounting activities.
1. Builds and maintains SOX controls for Corporate Accounting group
2. Participates in monthly, quarterly and annual closing process
3. Manages SOX Steering Committee
4. Builds, implements and helps validate spreadsheet, Journal Entry and Data Download control processes and ensures ongoing compliance
5. Drives accounting efficiency improvements as well as process and policy enhancements to support corporate initiatives such as the ERP implementation or the reduction of manual Journal Entries
6. Designs, implements and manages monthly account rec review process, explore account rec software
7. Performs special projects and ad hoc analysis as requested
8. Supervises activities of the Corporate Accountant .
• Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to prioritize, maintains confidentiality, and interacts with all levels of management across the organization
• Excellent language skills, must be able to write and edit financial documents
• Excellent organizational and documentation skills
• Excellent customer service skills and experience
• Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Word, Power Point and Excel)
• College degree and CPA
• Internal Audit experience preferred
• Familiarity with Hyperion HFM and Oracle desirable
• 5-10 years of progressive experience