JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Cleans and restocks linen rooms and room attendant carts; cleans and maintains hallways, pick up soiled linen and trash from the floors to discard accordingly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
• Receives from Housekeeping Supervisor the daily task sheet.
• Assigned a two-way radio for communication in the hotel during their shift.
• Follows ACC outlined procedures in cleaning hallways, storage and public areas.
• Uses cleaning supplies according to the established procedures so the Housekeeping areas are
• Cleans and maintains all hallways, stairwells, floor lobby areas, storage and elevator landing areas
on assigned floors.
• Collects soiled linens in the linen chute. Makes sure that no foreign objects are mixed with the linen.
• Takes linen from the laundry area to the assigned floors for distribution among room attendants.
• Turns in Lost and Found items left in public areas as outlined in the Hotel departmental procedures.
• Takes supplies from the general storage area to the linen closets on the floors.
• Moves and arranges hotel furniture.
• Reports maintenance or equipment problems to the Housekeeping office or supervisor.
• Reports missing or damaged items in the rooms or the public areas to the supervisor.
• Sweeps, scrubs, waxes and polishes floor.
• Performs deep cleaning of rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
• Washes walls, ceiling, and woodworks, door panels, and sills.
• Empties trash receptacles from public areas.
• Cleans and removes debris from driveway and garage areas.
• Responsible for correcting all unacceptable job tasks not completed to standards.
• Responsible for the use of the keys signed out and to turn in all assigned keys at the end of the shift.
• Handles guest requests in a timely manner.
• Handles soiled linen and trash according to standards.
• Assists in other areas of Housekeeping as necessary.