| • Plan, coordinate and execute training programs and services for AFG companies to meet staff development needs, ultimately leading to an ability to recruit and retain Colleagues.
• Consult with customers to determine required training resources and develop programs that will meet their needs in an effective and efficient manner.
• Create, develop and execute training programs for AFG Colleagues, to ensure appropriate skills and competencies development within the organization. Maximize efficiency through the selection of the appropriate learning platform such as instructor-led, e-learning, distance learning, coaching, and self-study. Serve as an expert in his/her specialization area.
• Consult with AFG divisions to administer needs assessments, analyze data and develop strategic plans to meet such needs that will provide the best return on investment. Assist managers and colleagues as necessary to promote continued learning and development.
• Serves as Performance Coach at Colleague level. Provides one-on-one training/consulting to assist Colleagues which may include addressing computer needs, including Microsoft Office and e-mail.
• Oversee various training programs to meet division needs. Maintain awareness of training resources available in the marketplace, develop understanding of contemporary training practices, and establish and manage business relations with training providers to ensure AFG’s efficient and effective investments in training. Partner with venders, divisions and other entities to best meet colleague needs. Follow-up and assess the transfer of training skills to meet company and colleague needs.
• Plan, coordinate and implement company-wide programs and services related to training such as Tuition Reimbursement and computer literacy to ensure consistency and effectiveness of such programs. Market educational initiatives through various venues such as podcasts, Internet or Intranet, e-mail, publications, etc. to promote skills and competency development.
• Work with CHR Divisional Colleagues to coordinate or assist in the coordination of project resources, activities, and tasks to enhance the divisional goals of recruiting and retention or other CHR functions.