| • 10 years of income tax experience with complex corporations, affiliated groups, and consolidated returns (Federal income tax compliance and GAAP financial tax reporting) required. Also, experience with insurance taxation is a plus.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including outstanding interpersonal and consultative skills.
• Demonstrates a high level of administrative competence and excels in analyzing and adjusting organization procedures for maximum efficiency.
• Extensive knowledge and experience with income tax related research, planning and write-up work, particularly with respect to corporate income tax, affiliated groups and consolidated groups. Some LLC, partnership, and tax exempt experience would be helpful.
• Extensive knowledge of and experience with income tax provisions within Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (ASC 740/FASB 109) is required. Knowledge of Statutory Accounting. Principles as they relate to income taxes would be a plus.
• Ability to research tax issues and present them in a clear and concise manner.
• Advance knowledge of personal computers (Windows, Excel, and Word), and on-line tax research tools, tax preparation software and other such automated products.